Your latest weekly update on progress :
- Byfield Heating have now completed the installation of all radiators and convector heaters together with the necessary pipework and control systems. Opus Energy have confirmed a date to remove the old gas meter and install the new one. Fulcrum will install the upgraded gas supply on Thursday 15th August and Opus will install their new meter on Friday 16th Following that Byfield will connect the new supply and meter to the heating system. This will be followed by a process of testing, commissioning and setting up of controls. Further information on the use of the new heating system will be issued to all users at a later date.
- Paul Copley Electrical have set a date of 6th September to complete the installation of replacement LED lighting units in the building. Areas still to be completed include Croft Hall, Studio II and the IT suite. Please note there will be no access to these areas during this work.
- Sheffield Window Centre will erect scaffolding around three sides of the building on Tuesday 13th The installation of their double-glazed window units will commence on 9th September with a scheduled duration of 8 working days. NB : some minor daytime disruption is possible during these works – advance notice will be given wherever possible. The scaffolding is due to be dismantled on Tuesday 24th September.
- Greg Owens Roofing will commence maintenance work on the main roof area during week commencing 12th August – anticipated approximately two weeks work. The scaffolding will incorporate all necessary safety features but users are requested to exercise care when entering and leaving the building. Please note there will be no access to the lower yard for car parking during this period.
- An extensive programme of repairs and re-decoration of the building interiors around the new works installations will commence in mid-September to restore the premises to as high a level of decoration as possible. All of the old electrical heating devices and their controls will need to be removed and their locations repaired and re-decorated, as will many of the areas around the new windows. As an economy measure, much of this work will have to be undertaken by volunteers and we will be setting up working sessions where volunteers from all user groups and management will be invited to assist in the upgrade of their building. Details of these sessions will be posted shortly.